The Enertex® ENA² combines two functions in a single device: secure remote access for your mobile devices or remote management of your installation for your system integrator, and our ENA² protects your building network against unwanted or fraudulent access of local network devices. The configuration is optimized for the needs of your SmartHome, without any security tradeoff ensured by recent security techniques and well-tested VPN software.
Despite of other SmartHome remote access products, the ENA² is no cloud device, but leaves the control to whom it belongs: You. Enertex provides an optional relay server. If activated, changing the internet router configuration is not required and remote access works independently of your local internet provider’s configuration (IPv4, IPv6, DS-Lite).
Your end-to-end encrypted data is only forwarded by the server, without any risk for your privacy. User permissions to open remote a connection can be controlled with KNX group telegrams.
Nowadays, connected lights or vacuum cleaners require separated networks. The ENA² provides a “Protected Network” to protect your KNX IP devices from others. The first of two physically separated ethernet interfaces connects the device to the demilitarized zone, i.e. your main LAN, typically managed by your internet router, which connects your computers, Smartphones, and IoT devices.
On the second interface, the ENA² manages the “Protected Network” for your KNXnet/IP devices. The separation prevents any other device from accessing the building infrastructure without explicit allowance.
Using the easy-to-use browser-based configuration on the device, you manage the filter tables. You are still able to control your robot vacuum cleaner from within your KNX visualization, but prevent it from opening the front door.
Our ENA² is the only device to provide both functions: remote access and a secure network for your infrastructure.
- Secure remote access for your local network – Cloud-free
- Forward remote access via Enertex relay server to connect to your local network, works with any internet provider (IPv4, IPv6, DS-Lite), no local router configuration required (optional)
- Guided browser-based configuration on device
- Easy-to-use user management
- Integrated free DynDNS service
- Integrated OpenVPN server
- Restrict users access
- Controllable via KNX group telegrams
- Free client software for common operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS)
- VPN “on demand”: automatically connect to your network (iOS-only)
- “Protected Network”
- Separate physical ethernet interfaces for your main and protected networks
- Control forwarding and filtering
- Recent security standards and well-known and trusted VPN software
- DIN rail mount (4 SU)
- Powered by integrated bus interface
- Power consumption 1.8 W (typical workload)