When you visit a https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg website, https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg uses “cookie” technology to try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
• Create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
• Recognise when a visitor to an https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
• Collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors
Some of the cookies used by https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an https://www.knxtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/newspic20120501-01-1.jpg website you may not be able to take full advantage of the website if you do so.
We have listed the main cookies we use below:
• WordPress: WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Cookies
• Google Analytics: To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
• Statcounter Stats: To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Statcounter Stas. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. www.statcounter.com/about/cookies/
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.