The findings of the UK Integrated Home Market Analysis – powered by CEDIA, identifying the size, shape, trends and services of the sector have been revealed. The results show that the industry is performing well, bolstered by the impact of consumers spending more time in their homes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with an estimated current market size of £1.2 billion.
CEDIA partnered with US market research firm, Ancrage Consulting, in affiliation with Butler University Lacy School of Business, to conduct this comprehensive study of the UK professional integrated home market during the latter half of 2021. The UK study, focussed minds on company size, scope and activities, including business functions, installation types, equipment choices, the size of the workforce, and technology areas that are proving most important for integration companies.
“Our UK Integrated Home Market Analysis reveals an industry in excellent shape and confident about the future after the challenges and the opportunities presented by the pandemic,” comments Matt Nimmons, Managing Director of CEDIA EMEA. “Building on our last research project in 2017, this survey brings the industry strong comparative data on business growth and market opportunities as well as valuable information on important technology and brand buying trends.”
Key findings include:
- Approximately 3,700 integrator companies operate in the UK with an average annual revenue of £386,000 and an average project size of £33,000.
- On average, 86% of company revenue is drawn from residential projects.
- A typical integration company employs three people and completes 10 projects per year. Half of all integration companies anticipate adding a technical resource in the next 12 months.
- The industry is bullish about growth projections for the future with 88% of companies forecasting revenue growth in the next 12 months
- 50% of respondents anticipate hiring a technical resource in the next 12-months
- A third of respondents stated that they were considering hiring an apprentice in the next 12-months
- The growth areas for the UK market are integration/control, home cinema and networks / network security
- There is a shift to streaming resulting in fewer distributed video and matrix set ups
- Electrical contractors are expected to continue entering the market
- The DIY trend continues with some respondees seeing a widening gap between the mass market and bespoke systems
Conducted between August and December 2021, the UK Integrated Home Market Analysis carried out its survey with the participation of 103 integration companies from across the length and breadth of the UK market.
The 2021 UK Integrated Home Market Analysis will be available free of charge to all CEDIA members and is priced at £999 for non-members.
Visit www.cedia.net for more details.